Cart Connection History
CENTURY CART CONNECTION was an idea born in 2008 as an additional avenue for Century Equipment (www.centuryequip.com) to help dispose of used golf cars and utility vehicles that were being returned off of long term leases to golf courses.
In April 2009, the first Century Cart Connection showroom was opened in the Toledo, Ohio location in a newly renovated retail space. To add to the customer experience and vehicle selection, Century Cart Connection applied for and was awarded an XRT Utility Vehicle Dealership and an LSV (Low Speed Vehicle) Dealership for “street legal” golf car style transportation vehicles by Club Car Golf Cars and Utility Vehicles, located in Augusta, GA. Century previously for many years has been only a dealer for The TORO Company and Club Car Golf Cars.
Due to the success of the Toledo dealership, in 2010, Century opened up stores in both its Hilliard and Hamilton, Ohio locations, and in 2012, in its Cleveland, Ohio facility.
In August 2012, Century Cart Connection joined a nationwide dealer network offering the Polaris GEM (Global Electric Motorcars), a premium line of electric vehicles. With the addition of Polaris GEM vehicles to its stable of products Century Cart Connection is providing businesses with a durable and versatile, emissions free solution to move people, cargo and complete essential tasks. (www.polarisindustries.com)
In March 2013, Century Cart Connection introduced yet another vehicle to its inventory. American Sportworks (www.amsportworks.com) has been manufacturing both on and off road vehicles for over 50 years. The LANDMASTER brand is the best value available for a low cost, 4×2 or 4×4 utility vehicle that is American made with great features and capability for anyone’s budget.
Century Equipment is a licensed auto dealer in the State of Ohio, which allows it to provide legal title to the vehicles that require it.
Cart Connection Differentiating Factors:
- Century has been in the power equipment and vehicle business since 1962. Century has been selling, leasing and servicing Club Car golf cars and utility vehicles since 1985. All four locations have fully functional and staffed parts and service departments.
- Century is a Factory Authorized distributor or dealer for all product lines. Most of our retail cart and utility vehicle competitors have no affiliation with a manufacturer.
- Century uses/sells only OEM replacement parts for critical component repairs. Century does not purchase “rebuilt” or imported “knock off” parts as most of our competitors do.
- Combined repair parts inventories in all 4 Century stores are over $250,000. If one store does not have a part, it can be shipped with one day service from our Toledo parts warehouse, or from the manufacturer. All 4 stores are linked via one computer system. All four stores are also linked via the internet with vehicle manufacturers for viewing/ordering replacement parts.
- All Century Service Managers and Technicians are factory trained. Most have achieved certification by the Equipment and Engine Training Council (www.eetc.org) and several are pursuing advanced certification status with the manufacturers. Most competitors do not have credentialed/factory trained service technicians.
- Century is a licensed auto dealer with the State of Ohio and can deliver proper titles for all street legal vehicles that it sells.
- Century maintains both Worker’s Compensation coverage and a substantial business liability insurance policy.
- All four Century locations have trucks and trailers for transporting vehicles.